5 Sports Picks: Betting the MLB Playoffs
It’s MLB playoff time, with the World Series right around the corner. Davey B shares some insights to consider before you place your bets.
We’re sliding into the League Championship level of the MLB playoffs, with the World Series around the corner in baseball’s biggest month.
Here are some thoughts about approaching your wagers:
- There’s a little more breathing room for the over bets in the best-of-seven round. The preceding best-of-five produce more airtight games, played more conservatively.
- Pitching staffs must go deeper. There’s the likelihood of a fourth starter needing to pitch. That could tilt the balance in favor of the bats.
- Bullpens are taxed. There will be games where managers tap their closers in the eighth inning instead of the ninth. The more games they seek those additional outs, the greater the chance the reliever will be ineffective, somewhere in the series.
This sportsbook is in the pocket! Bet on MLB today at Caesars.com.
- These suggestions apply most if the over prop stays in the 8-9 runs per game. Watch it closely, especially if the expected NewYork Yankees-Houston Astros matchup unfolds in the American League. If the runs bet comes in at 10-11, be careful. Yet there should be at least one game where the offenses explode. You’ll profit if you’re on that.
- Same principal for the World Series if the Yankees or Astros are in it. Good luck!
Where to bet on America’s game? Where else? Go to BetAmerica.com.