On the Right Track: A Full Calendar of 2020 Horse Race Action
Start now to plan for thoroughbred racing’s biggest attractions. Count on these dates to draw big crowds and star-studded cards.
Here’s a primer on the top horse racing events of 2020. Look for the host facilities to connect their strongest cards to these events for big fields and major betting revenue.
- January 25. The Pegasus at Gulfstream Park in Florida now has a $3 million main event and a $1 million turf race. It’s a highlight of the winter season at a track that’s championed lucrative Pick 6 wagering.
- March 28. The Dubai World Cup. This is a major multimillion-dollar showcase and a betting bonanza.
“We got the horse right here…” BetAmerica Horse Racing now delivers better streaming video, improved wagering options, and advanced handicapping tools. Sign up to play at BetAmerica.com and your deposit will be matched 100%, up to $1,000.
- Derby Preps. The Louisiana Derby is March 21 at Fair Grounds Race Course and Slots in New Orleans, and it launches four successive major weekends. On March 28 comes the Florida Derby, which has crowned its share of Kentucky Derby winners (the Florida Derby and Dubai World Cup on the same day? Sweet). Super Saturday is next. The Derby Preps on April 4 include the Wood Memorial from Aqueduct, the Blue Grass Stakes from Keeneland Racecourse in Lexington and the Santa Anita Derby coming from California. Rounding out the preps is the Arkansas Derby on April 11 from Oaklawn Park. The Prep races give bettors a chance to handicap likely Kentucky Derby favorites.
- Winners from the preps are almost always in the Kentucky Derby. The first Saturday of May is a major cornerstone for the industry. On May 2, the betting public turns to the famous Run for the Roses, now in its 146th
- The Breeders Cup, the sport’s largest showcase, is November 6-7 at Keeneland.
Claim your purse! Create your wagering account with TwinSpires.com and earn a $100 sign-up bonus out of the gate, with continuing rewards as you play.