The Golden Rules
Quick, name the No. 1 online casino in New Jersey! Stumped? Read on to learn who’s on top online—and why.
Players at New Jersey’s online casino sites have a lot of choices for their online play. What they may not know is that each of these online sites is partnered with an Atlantic City casino.
In other words, you may be playing online bingo at Palabingo.com, but the action is actually being brought to you through a partnership with the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spain AC.
Each of the state’s online sites chooses a casino partner, and the casinos also choose which sites it wants on its team. As you might guess, some teams end up being stronger than others.
And the No. 1 team for online casino play in New Jersey?
It’s the Golden Nugget Atlantic City, which brings four online platforms to the game:
- PlaySugarHouse.com and
- BetAmerica.com for sports betting
For more than a year, this powerhouse lineup has been the leader in online action in the state—and that’s without offering an online poker site.
Here’s a look at what the Golden Nugget team has to offer:
- GoldenNuggetCasino.com. The casino’s namesake site has led the way through innovation. For example, GoldenNuggetcasino was the first site to introduce live dealer games, in which bettors play games streamed live from a studio at the Atlantic City resort.The site also offers more than 560 slots games, Slingo and virtual sports games and more than a $1 million in promos each year through its million-dollar race promotion.GoldenNugget also has its own online sportsbook. However, it can’t take bets on the NBA because Nugget CEO Tilman Fertitta owns the Houston Rockets (that’s probably a big reason the site also partnered with BetAmerica.com).
- PlaySugarHouse.com. This may be the site for the SugarHouse Casino in Philadelphia, but in New Jersey the casino partners with Golden Nugget. PlaySugarHouse has a full slate of live dealer casino games, slots and yes, its own sportsbook.It also offers one of the best returns on promotional offers with a simple one-time bet-through requirement for bonus dollars.
- BetAmerica.com. In February, Lexington-based BetAmerica.com (owned by Churchill Downs Inc.) joined the list of mobile sports betting operators that serve New Jersey players.While you can’t wager on NBA games, the site serves up professional and college football, basketball, baseball and hockey, plus soccer, golf, tennis, combat sports, auto racing and more.
- BetfairCasino.com. Betfair offers a full slate of casino action and one of the best introductory offers in New Jersey—it’ll double your first deposit up to $2,500.Betfair is a well-known name in the online casino world, but it might not last much longer—at least not under the Betfair name. The site is now associated with FanDuel, which has one of the leading sportsbooks in the state. In an ever-evolving online market, look for Betfair to join FanDuel’s brand.