WSOP Fever Is Here!
The World Series of Poker gets under way May 28 at the Rio Casino in Las Vegas. In the runup, the online arm of the series—WSOP.com—is offering up a host of satellites for online poker players in Nevada and New Jersey.
If you’ve ever dreamed of making the trek out to Vegas to compete in the live WSOP, there’s never been a better offering of online satellites than in 2019.
And that’s on top of several online tournaments that are actually part of the WSOP and can be played from anywhere in Nevada and New Jersey. We’ll highlight those tournaments another time. Right now, let’s look at the satellites for both Nevada live events and online tournaments.
WSOP.com is offering daily satellites in May to WSOP events in Nevada. That include satellites for the Big 50, the third event of the WSOP and some live events based on buy-ins. In other words, you can win seats for WSOP events with $400 to $1,000 buy-ins.
The most exciting satellites offer up the $10,000 buy-in for the famed WSOP Main Event, which begins July 4.
To get there, start here:
- Starter satellites have buy-ins for as little as $1. They are basically satellites to win entry to larger satellites.
- Buy-ins for the satellites awarding seats to events range from $10 to $215 for Main Event satellites.
- Satellites for the Big 50 run until June 1. The Big 50 carries a $5 million prize pool guarantee and starts May 30. It carries a $500 buy-in. Though it’s the third event of the WSOP, it’s seen as the traditional kick-off for big money events.
- A mega satellite awarding 50 seats to the event is scheduled for May 30 and entry level satellites start for as little as $2.
- Satellites for online events are also being held daily. The online events with satellites will be held June 2 ($400 buy-in) and June 9 ($600 buy-in). Buy-ins for these satellites are between $10 and $20.
- On top of online satellites to online events, WSOP.com is also offering second chance satellites for the first online event, the $400 buy-in on June 2, Event 7 of the WSOP schedule.
All you have to do is play in one of the daily satellites for the event. If you don’t win a seat, you’ll earn a ticket to the second chance satellite held every Saturday through May.
Travel expenses are not included in satellites for live events in Las Vegas. For the full satellite schedule, check out the promotions page at WSOP.com.